Tuesday 8 June 2010

Gearing up for AHM

Yes I know it may seem like a long way away but the preparation for this years All Hands Meeting has already started at the NGS. The call for papers has been out for a while and eventually (after the 2nd extension) closed on Monday. Registration was opened last Wednesday so if you feel like being organised you can register now! I imagine that a lot of people will be waiting to see if their papers are accepted before registering.

There will be a good turn out from the NGS as always with several papers submitted from our team and an exhibition stand publicising the NGS and the NGI in conjunction with GridPP. I'm not sure what we'll be demo-ing on our stand yet but I''m sure it will be something exciting.

As many people know the AHM unfortunately clashes with the inaugural EGI meeting in Amsterdam but all is not lost as there are direct flights several times a day from Cardiff to Amsterdam so it may be possible to attend both meetings!

I'm just glad that the AHM has moved back to September as it means that I have the quieter months of July and August to get everything ready for the event!

No comments: